The cast stone Shugborough Vase from Haddonstone is a replica garden ornament of an original Haddonstone were commissioned to replace at Shugborough Hall. Owned by the National Trust and maintained by Staffordshire County Council. Shugborough Hall previously belonged to the Anson family, Earls of Lichfield. The house was enlarged around 1750 under the architect James "Athenian" Stuart (1713-1788), who also designed a number of follies and monuments in the grounds. The Victorian terraced garden, where both original and replica Shugborough Vases are located, was built in 1872. The proportions of the Shugborough Vase allow its use as a decorative garden ornament to enhance Haddonstone balustrading. Haddonstone has many replica ornaments in its extensive range.
The cast stone Shugborough Vase by Haddonstone is available in Portland, Bath and Terracotta colours.
|Weight:||40 kg||88 lb|
|Width at top:||320mm||12½''|
|Width at base:||215mm||8½|